This one day workshop (or 2 x 4 hrs) introduces the food safety program as the primary means of managing food safety in the workplace. Its focus is to ensure that all manufacturing operators and support staff are properly trained and educated in HACCP principles and food hygiene procedures.
It also ensures that they are aware of their food safety obligations and responsibilities under the new food safety standards.
This training covers a detailed understanding of the steps and techniques used to develop and review a HACCP based food safety program. The training includes:
- Why is food safety so important and what does the government require?
- What is a HACCP based food safety plan?
- Contamination in the workplace (physical, chemical and microbiological)
- Food poisoning and food spoilage
- Food poisoning preventative measures
- How to implement HACCP using the twelve HACCP steps
- How to investigate, report and follow up a food safety non conformance
- Identifying you and your team’s responsibilities
This nationally accredited training is aligned to the following competency units from FDF30111 Certificate III in Food Processing:
- FDFFS2001A – Implement the Food Safety Program and Procedures
- FDFTEC3001A – Participate in a HACCP Team
Venue: The training is conducted on-site at your workplace and includes a range of activities based around your existing operations. This allows participants to interrogate the food safety program and reinforce all your organizations requirements.
Resources: We will provide all resources and equipment to conduct the workshop, including a comprehensive workbook and video presentation. No special clothing is required.
Each participant receives a comprehensive workbook during the training session, which can become a handy reference guide for future use. A short assessment is conducted to confirm each student’s competency and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment forwarded on successful completion.
Course Admission Requirements / Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites for entry to this course, however applicants will be required to attend an information session and undertake a Basic Skills assessment.
In developing a suitable training program we recognise that each business, either small, medium sized or large has its own unique requirements. Our aim therefore is to be a cost competitive supplier by tailoring our services to meet your needs.
On this basis we would be pleased to visit your site (at no expense or obligation) and discuss with you your individual needs.