This training course has two objectives:
- To provide all food handling staff with the necessary skills and knowledge in food hygiene and food safety
- To reinforce the requirements all food handlers have under the FSANZ Food Standards Code
It is tailored for all employees involved in food handling and is suitable for staff working both within and outside the kitchen.
The course covers all the fundamental issues employee’s need to be aware of whilst handling food and provides an overview of the FSANZ Food Standards Code and what each individual’s responsibilities are within it.
- Personal hygiene and hand washing
- Safe food handling and food storage principles
- The causes of food poisoning
- Temperature control and the 2 hour / 4 hour rule
- Preventing cross contamination
- Cleaning and sanitation
- What does the Government require?
The training includes an excellent video on food hygiene fundamentals and can be tailored to incorporate the specific work instructions, forms and check sheets that are used in your organisation. In addition, each participant receives a workbook during the workshop that can become a handy reference guide for future use.
The training session runs for 2.5 hours, is scheduled around work rosters and will accommodate up to 15 participants in the one session – making it much more convenient and cost effective.
Venue: The training is conducted on-site at your workplace
Resources: We provide all resources and equipment to conduct the workshop. No special clothing is required.
A short assessment is conducted to confirm each student’s competency and a Certificate forwarded on successful completion.
Is $ 660 for up to 15 participants including GST and pro-rata for any additional participants.
Should you require a nationally accredited version of this training this can readily be provided, however additional fees will be incurred due to the comprehensive assessment process this entails.
Click here to download a PDF of this course or call Australian Food Training Centre on 08 8288 0288